Professional Services Project Management Intern
What you’ll be doing...
Exciting opportunities exist within the Verizon Global Presales Engineering organization. As an Associate Solutions Architect, you will be an integral part of a talented team collaborating with our Solutions Architects to assist during their clients’ Digital Transformation journey. Within your first six weeks, you will develop a strong foundation in Verizon’s technologies, solutions, systems and more with the assistance of a mentor through our Early in Careers boot camp. With our guidance, this program will provide you the tools to develop yourself into the next generation Solution Architect in no time!
This entry level role, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm and learn the practical application of your degree concepts. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in field through on the job training.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Support projects that are technology or customer specialized by working with the SA and account teams to understand the project needs, complete research or engineering tasks, and develop the required deliverables or reports.
- Create Verizon internal LEC special construction quotes and perform pricing analysis.
- Develop or update network diagram drawings based on customer changes or new builds.
- Acquire and grow knowledge in Verizon’s technology offerings by completing trainings, attending corporate partner and vendor presentations, acquiring certifications, and assisting with specialized project requests.
Locations: Cary, NC.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2019 and June 2020.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain a government issued security clearance.
Even better if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrated strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Previous internship experience in technology related field.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.