Professional Services - Project Management Analyst Entry Level Opportunities
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Professional Services develop and deliver custom technology solutions to the global market by creating a digital strategy to modernize their network. We offer an array of services across a wide spectrum of technologies at various stages of the development cycle and give technical expertise, oversight, and guidance for businesses to meet their technology needs of today and tomorrow.
This Project Management Entry Level role —which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program—will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll work in a dynamic team of engagement managers and project stakeholders to build state-of-the-art enterprise solutions and services serving government and commercial clients across all major market verticals.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to work on:
- Follow our Verizon Project Methodology to provide a structure, consistent approach to planning, organizing and controlling projects for high quality implementation and management.
- Manage the phases of a project life cycle: Initiation, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing.
- Support the facilitation, definition, and documentation of project requirements, scope, budget and deliverables.
- Coordinate delivery efforts and drive the change management and implementation process.
Location: Ashburn, VA.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program in Business Administration, Business Management, Project Management, Management Information Systems, IT, or a related project management major with an expected completion date between December 2019 and June 2020.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 20% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrated strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio).
- Experience in project management of comparable technology deployment.
- Familiarity with the following applications/tools: Clarity Project Management software, CRM and Cisco.
- Looking to obtain or have professional level certifications such as PMI’s CAPM or PMP.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.