Professional Services - Labs Entry Level Opportunities
What you’ll be doing...
The goal of the International Computer Security Association (ICSA) Labs is to significantly increase user and enterprise trust in information security products and solutions. For over 25 years, ICSA Labs, a division of Verizon, has been providing credible, independent, 3rd party security product testing and certification for many of the world’s top security product developers and service providers. Enterprises worldwide rely on ICSA Labs to set and apply objective testing and certification criteria for measuring product compliance and effectiveness.
This entry level role – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in field through on-the-job training.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to work on one of the following teams:
- Testing: Install, configure, and test security products such as Firewalls, Anti-Malware, VPNs, etc.
- Engineering: Build, support and maintain systems, networks, and software used to perform security product testing.
Location: Harrisburg, PA and Mechanicsburg, PA.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related major with an expected completion date by August 2020.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- 3.0 GPA or greater.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience or coursework in cybersecurity.
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies and disciplines: TCP/IP Networking, Virtualization, Windows, Linux, computer hardware, SQL, NoSQL, Python, Ruby, shell script, Visio, RESTful and Microservice APIs, SDLC, security fundamentals, OWASP, XML, design, prototyping.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.