Verizon Connect – UX Design and Research Intern
What you’ll be doing...
Location(s): Alpharetta, GA
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
A Verizon Connect Internship—which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program—will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll work in a fascinating innovative group that focuses on developing next generation Telematics, data science, and automotive proof of concepts.
- As a UX Design and Research Summer Intern, you may work in these areas:
- Design: UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Visual Designer.
- Research and Content Strategy: UX Researcher, Design Researcher, Qualitative/Quantitative Researcher, Copywriting/Content Strategist.
- Data Science: Mathematician, Data Scientist, Statistician, Data Analyst.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in Bachelor’s Master’s, or Ph.D program in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computational Media, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Journalism, Communication, Data Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2022.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Design or research portfolio for past or current projects.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following disciplines or skills: Illustrator, Photoshop Adobe CS Suite, Axure, SAS, or SPSS, R Python, Unity.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.