Corporate Strategy Intern
What you’ll be doing...
Location(s): Basking Ridge, NJ
This internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Verizon Corporate Strategy Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your product development knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
The Strategic Analysis & Planning team works with Verizon’s senior leaders, key stakeholders, and external advisors to drive long-term growth and shareholder value. Through rigorous analysis, we determine where value gets created across all of Verizon’s different businesses—Consumer, Business, and Verizon Media—and generate insights to help improve operating portfolio management, increase efficiency of capital allocation, and reduce risks in new investments.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Evaluate the impact of new regulations, emerging technologies and business models on Verizon's business.
- Identify markets and areas where Verizon can enter (new geographies, customer segments or industries).
- Analyze marketing and distribution effectiveness and efficiency.
- Generate scorecards for key metrics.
- Assess valuation of Verizon’s portfolios of operating businesses and products.
- Present to senior leaders of the company.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with a concentration in Computer Science, Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis, Economics, Data Analytics, Statistics, Business or related major with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2022.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Strong analytical, financial acumen, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in database management programming and data visualization software. Emphasis on Python, R, and SQL.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google Suite.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.