Professional Services - Security Intern
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Professional Services develop and deliver custom technology solutions to the global market by creating a digital strategy to modernize their network. We offer an array of services across a wide spectrum of technologies at various stages of the development cycle and give technical expertise, oversight, and guidance for businesses to meet their technology needs of today and tomorrow.
This Professional Services Security Internship – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll work in a dynamic group of engineers that support cybersecurity and digital forensics investigations while also providing security testing and certification for the next-generation security products. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
Locations: Harrisburg, PA and Mechanicsburg, PA.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Build, support and maintain systems, networks, and software used to perform security product testing.
- Install, configure, and test security products such as Firewalls, Anti-Malware, VPNs, etc.
- Participate in digital evidence life cycle, from collection to sanitization.
- Rack and wire state-of-the-art enterprise computer systems.
- Use a variety of digital forensic tools to dissect images of computer systems.
- Analyze malicious code to understand how it affects compromised computer systems.
As a Professional Service Security Intern, you may work in these areas:
- Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics
- Security Product Testing and Certifications
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program in Digital Forensics, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2022.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous internship or experience in cybersecurity.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following skills: Perl, Python, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Linux, TCP/IP Networking, Virtualization, or configuration and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- Technical certifications in networking, security, or a related field such as Network+, CCNA, SANS and Security+.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.