Engineer - Supplier Quality - Entry Level
* Please apply directly to Seagate for this role in the link provided!*
About our group
The Supplier Engineering organization works together with Design, Manufacturing, the Materials organization and our suppliers to ensure that components delivered to our factory allow us to produce products that lead the industry in performance and reliability.
We are looking for an Engineer to:
- Qualify suppliers according to company standards.
- Monitor parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle
- Communicate and resolves supplier-related issues as they occur.
- Develop and prioritize an auditing schedule to ensure that suppliers adhere to quality standards.
- Evaluate suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provide feedback in the assessment of their operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Materials, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or Chemical Engineering) with 0-2 years of experience.
- Experience with statistical software tools, Minitab, JMP, R or equivalent.
- Proven success in a technical environment (Internships, Extra-curricular projects considered).
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics.
- Must be able to work w/ measuring & test equipment
- Ability to read engineering drawings and certify compliance of parts to the drawing.
- Candidate must possess passion and commitment for completing projects on time.
- A proven track record taking on challenging tasks.
- The ability to work in a cross-functional fast-paced environment.
Your experience might include:
- Experience working with suppliers of mechanical components
- Quality Assurance experience / ASQ Quality Engineer certification is desirable.
Travel: Position does include the need for occasional overseas travel. Travel ~5% of the time.
**Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.