Physics or Chemist - Lithography Development Sustaining - Entry Level
Please apply directly to Seagate for this role!
About our group:
The Lithography Process Development group is looking for an engineer with extraordinary potential to take responsibility for off-shift Lithography operations. This Process Engineer reports into the Wafer Process Development Team, located at Seagate's R&D site in Bloomington, MN.
Our team’s mission is to develop new processes for state of the art recording head technology. Recording head process technology encompasses all disciplines employed in semiconductor wafer processes technology, performed in a clean room environment.
About the Role – You will:
- Maintaining existing processes, investigating root cause of process failure, coordinating execution of experiments, and conducting in-depth data analysis
- Applying problem solving techniques to resolve operational issues with wafer unit processes and development wafer flows to reduce wafer cycle time and scrap
- Participating in hands-on investigation and resolution of process issues with frequent factory-floor presence
- Have the opportunity to work with and learn from a team of experienced engineers with various engineering backgrounds
- Develop competency in resolving issues in lithography processes including resist coating, optical exposure, resist development and litho related metrology
- Learn how to design and execute complex experiments in support of wafer process development
- BS degree in Physics, Chemistry, or related discipline with 0-2 years of experience.
- A willingness and ability to work in a cleanroom is required.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge in statistics and data analysis
- Preference will be given to those with relevant hands-on work or intern experience and knowledge in one or more semiconductor processes: lithography, etch, plating, film deposition or metrology
- Knowledge of DOE approaches to experiments
- Learn quickly and adapt to change
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Self-direction and ability to work independently
- Consistent teamwork within the off-shift team, as well as, with the broader teams including production and other development groups
- Strong attention to detail and clean execution
- Clear and effective communication of issues and results
- Able to work off-shift schedule
** Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Location: Normandale, MN
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunch time? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.