Engineer - Disk Drive Test Platforms - Entry Level (Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering)
Please apply directly to Seagate for this role!
About our group
The Test Platform Design group resides within the Recording Head Technology organization and is charged with specifying, staging, co-developing and qualifying next-generation test systems for recording head and hard disk drive development. Devices and systems under test include magnetic read/write heads and media, the tribology of the head/disk interface, and the adjacent parts of the recording subsystem including preamplifiers and read/write communications channels. Job responsibilities include interfacing with design and process owners to understand test system design requirements and partnering with equipment developers to specify, develop and qualify quasi-static and dynamic test system solutions.
About the role – you will:
- Design, develop, integrate, and qualify new test platforms
- Design, develop, integrate, and qualify new test capabilities
- Develop bench capabilities and perform bench FA
- Analyze, summarize, present and communicate results and conclusions
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with 0-2 years of experience.
- The ideal candidate will have a knowledge base and skillset that blends the following: analog and digital circuit design, RF circuit board layout design, digital communications channels and signal processing, physical (magnetic, optical, electrical, and mechanical) properties of thin film materials and fabricated nano-devices, industrial automation and control systems, and measurement systems analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills that build trust and strengthen team dynamics, and an innate curiosity that drives innovation.
- Working knowledge in statistics and data analysis.
- Knowledge of DOE approaches to experiments.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Programming experience in Python, JMP, C/C++, etc.
You might also have:
- Experience through an internship, research assistantship or relevant employment is desirable, especially that with a background in magnetic recording
- Recording head or disk drive dynamic test experience
**Visa sponsorship is not available for this position