Engineer - Firmware - Entry Level
Please apply directly to Seagate for this role!
About Our Group
The team develops and maintains firmware for Reliability of our Disc Drive products. This includes Firmware features to data reliability and retention, head reliability, head disc interface reliability. Our products are manufactured for 5 year warranty and our team is responsible for supporting extended use under a wide variety of operating conditions. This role is critical in supporting teams across the organization to build highly optimized firmware designs for storage products.
Our Firmware Engineering group is different:
- Our firmware engineers have the enormous responsibility to ensure the "world's data" is safe by designing and implementing Industry leading cyber protection features
- Your code will reside inside tens of millions of storage devices. This means that you will be instrumental in moving and securing the world's data. Now that's "making a difference" in the world!
- This is "real", hard core engineering that rewards innovation and excellent software and embedded firmware skills to design and engineer "Embedded, high performance, high volume, and high reliability embedded firmware systems design
- Our embedded firmware provides the intelligence for our all our industry-leading Cloud Data Center, SSD, Edge IOT, and Surveillance data storage devices
About The Role - You will
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify HDD firmware.
- Develop new state-of-the-art features to maintain high reliable products.
- Often work with analog and digital hardware and software operating systems
- Often rely on your knowledge and experience with hardware design
- Frequently program in C
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 0-2 years of experience.
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with software engineering, computer architecture, memory technologies, data structure and algorithms.
- C language programming experience
- Experience in the analysis, design, debug and firmware modification.
- Software programming and debugging skills with the use of hardware and software tools, and test equipment.
- Communication and inter-personal skills
Your experience might also include:
- Storage protocol: SAS or SATA
- Hands-on experience with protocol and/or logic analyzers
- Experience working with hardware resources; ASIC/FPGA, DMA, Communication buses, UARTs
Travel: Less than 5%
** Visa sponsorship is not available for this position