Site Reliability Engineer Intern, Cloud Technology Organization
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
The Reliability Engineering team within Cloud Technology Organization has an exciting and challenging mission: Build, deploy, operate, scale and maintain cloud platforms for customer facing Adobe SaaS solutions used by billions of users worldwide. Adobe needs a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who knows how to balance going fast and going big with operating safely. Our mission is to progress, protect, and provide for the software and systems behind all Adobe’s cloud services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. SRE is a mindset of engineering approaches which focuses on building the highly reliable systems and eliminate work through automation.
Areas of Responsibility
- Define service level objectives (SLOs) and service level indicators (SLIs) to represent and measure service quality
- Improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance/load testing, EDA (Event Driven Automation), RPA (Robotic Process Automation), AI/ML techniques etc.
- Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
- Cross-train with other global team members
- Embrace the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) mindset
What you will bring
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, algorithms and software engineering (SDLC) practices
- Good knowledge of Cloud Computing Concepts and experience working on some projects on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience in one (and preferably more) of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Knowledge of AI/ML would be a plus
- Pursuing B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field