Network & Technology Leadership Development Program
What you’ll be doing...
Locations: New York, NY; Basking Ridge, NJ; Bedminster, NJ; Boston, MA; Ashburn, VA; Charlotte, NC; Temple Terrace, FL; Orlando,FL; Atlanta, GA; Irving, TX; Southlake, TX; Richardson,TX; Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Aurora, CO; Walnut Creek, CA; Irvine, CA; San Francisco, CA; Bellevue, WA; Piscataway NJ; Cary, NC; Branchburg, NJ; Waltham, MA
We’re in the business of empowering communication – of ensuring the flow of data, the exchange of ideas and the security of information. When you launch your career with our three-year entry-level Global Network & Technology Leadership Development Program (LDP) - which is part of the Verizon Campus Program - youll dive into our full spectrum of industry-defining technologies that enable our millions of customers to harness the power of our networks every day. Youll contribute your ideas and advance your skills with a team that thrives on breaking new ground, all in an environment that offers the latest in technology:
In this role, you’ll be:
- Participating in three program-determined rotations in the Global Network and Technology, organization focusing on the development of key functional skills, throughout our U.S. footprint.
- Rotation locations you could be placed may include, but are not limited to:
- New York, NY; Basking Ridge, NJ; Bedminster, NJ; Boston, MA; Ashburn, VA; Charlotte, NC; Temple Terrace, FL; Orlando,FL; Atlanta, GA; Irving, TX; Southlake, TX; Richardson,TX; Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Aurora, CO; Walnut Creek, CA; Irvine, CA; San Francisco, CA; Bellevue, WA; Piscataway NJ; Cary, NC; Branchburg, NJ; Waltham, MA
- Strengthening your technical, business and leadership skills through structured assignments, participate in enterprise-wide leadership/management development curriculum and defined networking/support activities.
- Applying your skills in a full range of high-impact projects, meetings, and presentations.
- Completing the program successfully to be eligible for placement.
As a Global Network & Technology Verizon Leadership Development Program participant, you may enter into rotations in one of the following tracks:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Data Science and Analytics
- Digital Platform
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Management, Statistics, Data Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems Security, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer-Based Art, or related major with an expected completion date by December 2019 to July 2020.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Strong leadership skills and are team-oriented.
- Superior organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced modeling and operations research experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and meet critical deadlines.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.