Network Engineering Internship Opportunities
What you’ll be doing...
Locations: Annapolis Junction, MD; Aurora, CO; Basking Ridge, NJ; Bedminster NJ; Bloomington, MN; Charlotte, NC; Houston, TX; Irving, TX; Richardson, TX; Dallas, TX; San Jose, CA; Schaumburg, IL; Silver Spring, MD; Temple Terrace,FL; Walnut Creek, CA; West Nyack, NY, Waltham, MA; New York, NY; Colorado Spring, CO; Denver, CO; Ashburn, VA
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Network & Technology Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Network Engineering Intern you may work in one of these areas:
* Network Software Engineering
* Data Science
* Network and Spectrum Planning
* Process Engineering and Automation
* Network Field Engineering and Operations
* Video Product Development
* Device Technology
* Design & DevOps
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
* Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program in:
* Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, User Experience, Telecommunications, Product Design, Business Administration, related major with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2023.
* Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
* Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Familiarity with some of the following technologies and disciplines:
* Computer programming, Telecommunications Network Architecture, Design/Configuration, SDN, Data processing, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, AI, Robotic Process Automation, Computer Systems architecture, Network Management, Telemetry, C, C++, C#, Java, Mobile App development, Cellular, 3GPP/CTIA, Software Development, Python, SQL
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.