Programmer Analyst (Kennedy Space Center)
The Test and Operations Support Contract (TOSC) at Kennedy Space Center supports NASA's next great adventure to "Explore Moon to Mars" and we want you to be a part of it! Join us in the adventure of a lifetime by becoming a Team member where "Boots on the Ground are Putting Boots on the Moon."
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the Ground Systems Development and Operations (GSDO), and the Space Launch System (SLS), Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle programs and fulfill a specific need in supporting the Launch Control Systems (LCS) team including but not limited to Software/ Hardware Engineering.
The System Monitoring and Control (SMC) Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) Engineer position develops software used for configuring, controlling and monitoring the LCS hardware and software. The CSCI is part of the system running in Launch Control Firing Room servers for use by other applications that process, monitor, and command the vehicles through assembly, testing, and launch.
- Utilizes CMMI compliant processes to develop, modify and maintain software.
- Monitors the operation of assigned applications and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
- Reviews user requirements and needs for new software and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation and documentation related to new software developed and/or acquired.
- Provide real-time troubleshooting, anomaly resolution, and system recovery as necessary.
- Assist in developing project plans and developing schedules for completion of assigned tasks.
- Attend meetings and possibly make presentation on matters pertaining to supported applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a BS degree in computer or system science, information technology or a related discipline from an ABET accredited college or university. Prefer December 2019 graduation semester or earlier.
- Knowledge of software design, development, and/or testing.
- Experience with programming language: Groovy, C++ in Linux and AIX environments.
- Ability to analyze information and problem solving.
- Ability to interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Technical documentation skills.
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for troubleshooting.
- Required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment in specific work areas.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment may be used.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.