Engineering Consultant, Engineering / Computer Science Graduate Development Program, January 2020
Imagine New Horizons…..
We are pursuing dynamic, adventurous Engineering or Computer Science college graduates to join our Professional Services Team.
This career launching opportunity will take you from a foundational level through expert in engineering, business process, product development and enterprise software implementation while you engage onsite with the world’s top companies on their new products in development.
Dassault Systèmes is a worldwide leader in software solutions and has been ranked No. 1 among the top 100 most sustainable companies in the world by Corporate Knights.
Internally, the job title is Software Consultant.
**NOTE: Location - Re-location. After two years in Auburn Hills, you are eligible to self-relocate to anywhere in the continental United States that is airport accessible.
What will be your job?
Dassault Systèmes’ Professional Services Organization has over 2,000 consultants worldwide providing product expertise to our clients. We help them deploy and configure our software solutions and improve their internal processes where our solutions are deployed.
Portfolio knowledge and skills you will learn the first year
- Three month Graduate Development Program focusing on Dassault Systèmes Product certification and business skills development
> Phase 1 – Company Orientation and Business skill development
> Phase 2 – Technical Training and Certification
> Phase 3 - Practical application of knowledge in the field in a structured, mentorship program
> Upon the completion of Phase 2, you will have the opportunity to pursue different functional areas, based upon current business needs and your interests: Solution Consultant, Learning Consultant, Software Consultant, Infrastructure Consultant, Project Management
> Dassault Systèmes’ product portfolio https://www.3ds.com/products-services/
> How to apply our products to customer projects to address business requirements
> How industry-specific processes are enabled by our software solutions
- Apply consulting fundamentals to define and configure customer specific solutions
- Create project presentations
- Demonstrate our products during workshops and blueprinting sessions
- Capitalize on project deliverables to ensure reusability for other projects
- Proactively engage customers, listen and ask follow-up questions regarding needs and project deliverables
- Conduct or contribute to a proof of concept to demonstrate the “To be” solution
- Demonstrate value addressing specific business requirements and benefits
- Develop training materials and train customer end-users and internal trainers
- Provide end-user support to customers: in-person, presentations, phone, email and IM
- Liaison between client and Dassault Systèmes’ support to ensure timely resolution of issues raised by client
- Perform delivery testing and certification
- Measure project results and improvements using industry-specific software solutions
Your key success factors
- Attend and pass three months of classroom and practical training
- Able and willing to travel 90% of the time by plane to customers nationally and potentially internationally
- Conferred Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science
> Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0; a GPA of 3.3 or higher is preferred
- Experience writing original code
- Knowledge of RESTful web services, but not required
- Graduated on or before December 31, 2019
> Able to start as a permanent full time employee on January 20, 2020 in Auburn Hills, Michigan
- 3-6 months of experience in a corporate environment or customer service, or customer facing employment experiences
- Able to work independently and within a collaborative team structure
- Highly organized with critical attention to details
- Positive and self-motivated with high level of enthusiasm, willingness to learn and ability to incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Ability and willingness to self-teach new and advance software functions (coaching and instruction will be provided, but we want someone who pursues knowledge)
- Curiosity for new technology with a history of technical self-education (you are not nervous about what you don’t know, but excited about learning something new)
- Strong functional skill in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and knowledge of Access or SQL
- Perseverance and determination to be able to trouble shoot the software and assist our customers with software adoption issues
- Strong customer engagement and communication skills in two parts: 1.) very strong writing skills utilizing the rules of English grammar; 2.) verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral (speaking) communication skills in English
Plusses (not required)
- At least one additional language other than English [such as (but not limited to), French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint functionality and SQL
- Workplace experience with Dassault Systèmes’ products