Research Associate, Cell Therapy Analytics
Platelet BioGenesis is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce donor-independent human platelets. We are a highly driven and ambitious young company that values openness, transparency, intellectual honesty, and collaboration, in our endeavor to transform the blood system.
We make platelets. We have developed and patented a microfluidic bioreactor and shown that functional platelets can be generated from human induced pluripotent stem cell cultures. We are now scaling platelet production for human clinical trials and leveraging our platelet platform for cell-based drug delivery. The successful Research Associate / Senior Research Associate will join our characterization team to provide support for ongoing and emerging research projects. The ideal candidate has experience in cell or molecular biology and enjoys working with a team of scientists in a fast-paced and highly matrix environment.
Who We Are Seeking:
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging Mother Nature’s drug delivery system to cure diseases. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities!
What you will be doing:
- Perform platelet function-based assays
- Perform maintenance and differentiation cultures of human induced pluripotent stem cells
- Perform flow cytometry analysis and in vitro cell-based assays
- Demonstrate understanding and application of relevant scientific literature to the design of experimental protocols
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies
- Present results of experiments and findings in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Team oriented with strong work ethics and open to working in a matrix environment
What you will bring to the team:
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required.
- BS/MS in biology, molecular biology, cell biology or immunology.
- 2-5 years industry experience preferable.
- Experience with common cell/molecular biology techniques (Western Blot, RT-qPCR, proliferation/viability assays, microscopy, DNA/RNA extraction and Nanostring).
- Critical thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills with the ability to design experiments and interpret data.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organization, interpersonal skills and established collaborative working habits.
- Flexible, hard-working, is capable of managing multiple complex projects at any given time, and can work under pressure to achieve development timelines.