EastView at Middlebury - Summer Intern Elder Care
EastView at Middlebury seeks Middlebury College Summer Intern – Elder Care
EastView at Middlebury, a 99-home nonprofit senior living community located next to Porter Medical Center, is offering a Middlebury College student an opportunity to have exposure to geriatric/elder care, hospice or palliative support, assistance with activities of daily living, social engagement as well as marketing in a nonprofit senior living residential setting. We’ll provide an exceptional opportunity for a talented Middlebury student to actively engage with us this summer in a wide range of meaningful assignments that could include assisting with: health services management; human resources (hiring, scheduling, training caregivers); shadowing and assisting Residential Care Assistants (RCAs) in the care of Residents living in our Residential Care and Memory Care neighborhoods; supporting our Community Life team in creating and delivering engaging programs and activities appropriate for the varying abilities of our Residents, and assisting with meals and nutrition. This internship would give a rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior the opportunity to work alongside our staff in a variety of support positions with significant interaction with our Residents, as well as meet with Department leaders to discuss career opportunities in the expanding elder care industry. The relationships you may develop with our Residents could change your life (or possibly your major).
We are seeking an intern interested in healthcare, geriatrics, nonprofit leadership, or eldercare – possibly a pre-med student or someone interested in social services, elderhood, community development, marketing, communications, or the hospitality industry.** We are licensed by the State of Vermont Department of Aging and Independent Living as a Residential Care Home. We provide personal care and medication management and foster personal independence in a home setting as well as independent living.
What might this internship involve? There are always interesting projects to tackle such as:
· shadowing various healthcare positions including Health Services Director, Nurse, MedTech, Residential Care Assistant and possibly training as an RCA to provide direct care and support for our Residents
· working with the Community Life team to develop and deliver engaging activities and events for Residents living with reduced mobility and/or cognitive decline
· assisting in the development of a strong new employee orientation and training system; working with our HR Coordinator on new recruitment options geared to reach various generations within the workforce
* helping us “Tech Up” with new apps and systems to increase efficiency and functionality – such as capturing valuable analytics from our resident emergency call system, or improved financial analysis resulting from tracked maintenance delivery data and capital investment improvements made annually throughout the community
· generating a social media campaign that targets adult children of aging parents to introduce them to the array of services. security and community life EastView provides for aging parents
· scheduling and hosting Resident & family chat gatherings for geographically dispersed families by using video conferencing software (ZOOM)
· developing a social media campaign introducing EastView as an employer of choice
· Creating high quality videos and photo documentation of EastView for communication and marketing purposes
** Note that regardless of your major, if this opportunity intrigues you and you have some of the skills we are seeking, we are interested in talking with you about this internship.
This internship is funded with a CCI award of $3,000.00. If you are offered and accept this internship, please be aware that your funding for this position is provided by CCI, and therefore you will be required to complete funded internship paperwork.
The student selected for this internship is eligible for on campus summer housing. Please note summer room and board will be added to your college bill.