Internship – TC Regional Division Internship -TC Asia (TCAP)
Position and Grade: Internship – TC Regional Division Internship -TC Asia (TCAP)
Organizational Unit: Technical Cooperation Regional Division for Asia and the Pacific (TCAP) Department of Technical Cooperation
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Start/Duration of Appointment: June/July 2020, 1 year
The main purpose of the internship is to gain knowledge and training on the IAEA Technical Cooperation (TC) programme and delivery in the region, in particular in the areas of programming, implementation, knowledge management and partnership building.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
• Programme/Project Management: Gain an overall understanding of the delivery of the TC programme, the range and impact of activities carried out within the programme through, inter alia, on-job-training in project design and planning, project implementation under the human resource components within selected TC activities, project monitoring and evaluation, and project financial closure. • Knowledge Management: Support the Programme Management Officer in the preparation of achievement reports for selected projects; gain hands-on experience in drafting “TC Web and Success Stories” in the region; training on related platforms used for managing projects in the TC cycle, i.e. Programme Cycle Management Framework (PCMF) and Agency-wide Information System for Programme Support (AIPS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to write technical reports.
• Ability to collect and analyse information.
• Ability to prepare project reports.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Management, Social Sciences, Science and Technology, or International Relations
• Experience in the compilation, processing and reporting of information using databases.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), which is the IAEA's standard.
• Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
• Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree.
• Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA's internship programme.
• Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
• Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.