AmeriCorps Health Fellows
LifeLong Medical Care’s AmeriCorps Health Fellows program is a community service and professional development opportunity wrapped into one. This experience enables individuals to increase the number of medically underserved individuals have access and utilize preventive/primary care services while getting the skills they need to pursue a career in the health care field. We are currently recruiting for twenty (20) open AmeriCorps Fellows positions. These positions are full-time (40 hrs/wk). The start date will be as soon as possible and program ends July 31, 2020.
AmeriCorps Health Fellow Service Description
- Health Coaching – Provide health coaching in one-on-one or group settings.
- Care Coordination – Provide health screening and connecting patients to health care benefits and services.
- Case Management/Patient Navigation – Assist individuals with navigating health related services/programs; provide eligibility assistance and enrollment in health insurance, coverage, and other health benefits programs.
- Community Engagement & Outreach – Conduct outreach in the community (i.e. schools, community centers, events, and shelters); provide education about available health resources and related programs, and health care options.
- Volunteer Recruitment/Management – Assist with recruitment, training, and retention of non-AmeriCorps volunteers; assist with the management of non-AmeriCorps volunteers.
- Service Projects – Participate in various service projects; coordinate and engage fellows in planning and participating in community service projects.
- Training – Attend trainings on various health topics and resources as needed for placement, plus professional development training as available.
Benefits of the Program:
- Stipend of up to $18,000
- Education Award up to $10,000
- Personal time off
- Loan Forbearance/Interest Accrual
- Health Insurance/Child Care Benefits
- Network Opportunity
- Training/ Professional Development