Middlebury in DC Intern
Middlebury in DC Summer Internship
Under the general guidance of the Director of Middlebury in DC the intern will perform certain administrative duties, mainly pertaining to event management and logistical support for events (before, during, and after normal business hours) held in the Washington, DC, office organized by Middlebury College, Middlebury Institute of International Studies, and James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) staff. The intern will also conduct research and write timely analyses and other publications related to CNS, the country’s largest organization dedicated to education and analysis on limiting the spread of Weapons of Mass Destruction.
· Implement course and event logistics
· A/V support – including operation of videoconferencing equipment
· Assist Director of Middlebury in DC with program/event promotion and publicity
· Conduct research on the nonproliferation of nuclear, biological, and/or chemical weapons and related delivery system issues.
· Assist in completing and developing reports on grants and contracts for funders, foundations, and others as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong research and report writing skills
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
· Ability to plan and coordinate events
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
· Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technologies and systems
· Willingness and ability to comply with Institute policies, procedures, and mandates
Please include: a resume, cover letter and a writing sample, and two references (no letters).
Education: B.A. degree-seeking Middlebury College student
If you are offered and accept this internship, please be aware that your funding for this position is provided by CCI, and therefore you will be required to complete funded internship paperwork. Seniors graduating in 2020 are not eligible. The internship is full time and lasts 8 weeks, beginning in the summer.