Program Administrative Coordinator
Program Administrative Coordinator
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Program Administrative Coordinator for The Center for Communities and Conservation (CCC) will provide direct administrative and operational support to the division and reports to the Finance and Operations Manager.
The Program Administrative Coordinator will assist in financial, administrative, and operational support related duties and promote best practices within the organization. Support duties may include logistical coordination, assisting with contract and grant administration, overseeing day-to-day financial activities. This position supports the finance and operations team of the divisions with maintaining filing systems, managing and preparing workspaces, meeting management and logistics, making travel arrangements and assisting with division lead’s expense reports.
This position will work closely with different programs of the center, supporting the Indigenous Peoples Program, Gender, Safeguards, and the Senior VP of the division. This Position will be a resource for the division providing comprehensive knowledge of CI’s policies and standard operating procedures. The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management as well as external partners. The position requires organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, good relationship building skills and an ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Workshop/Meeting Support - Coordinate internal and external workshops, meetings and other special events. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating and communicating with external participants, processing travel agreements, assisting in the procurement of goods and services required for events,
- Support grants administration including reviewing and verifying agreement compliance, entering and maintaining agreement information in CI’s grant management systems, reviewing financial reports and documentation, and initiating disbursements
- Maintain and coordinate grantee and contract management systems. Manage the flow of information and transactions related to external contracts and ensure compliance with CI policies and procedures. Create and maintain Vendor records and Contract database as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of incoming awards in our financial system.
- Provide administrative and operational support as assigned to help ensure the efficient functioning of the department.
- Casual office environment.
- No travel expected
- A one-year fixed-term position with the possibility of renewal
- High school or secondary education and up to 2 years in college or technical school studies.
- 2 years of related work experience in providing administrative and office support.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with a strong knowledge of excel.
- Strong organization and communication skills. Ability to prioritize and manage high volume and varied tasks and meet deadlines.
- Service focus. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others from a variety of disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds.
- 4-year college degree
- Foreign language skills
- Non-profit experience
- Business Administration background
- Interest in nature and conservation
- Previous work with Indigenous Peoples and/or gender equality
- Previous experience in Social Issues
Please submit resume and cover letter
View all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International Values
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled