Summer Software Engineering Internship
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $70 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in January 2020, less than 6 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 750+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven Software Engineer intern to join our development team for the summer. Our team is focused on building applications to facilitate and support a new communication channel for marketers.
You at Attentive
- You are currently enrolled in a Masters or Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- You have experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language.
- You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques.
- You are excited by new technologies but appreciate the cost of something new..
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup
Product Development at Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis. Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 40+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks
- Internship salary is $25/hour.
- Catered lunch, snacks, and coffee are provided daily.
- Frequent company wide events
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it. Values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.