Research Data Specialist - Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Hematologic Malignancies
The Research Data Specialist will support the Leukemia clinical research program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, under the auspices of the Principal Investigator, Dr. Coleman Lindsley, in the areas of data collection, computing, and database organization (https://lcdr.dana-farber.organd https://lindsleylab.dana-farber.org). These job duties will be primarily related to capturing clinical, genomic, and pathologic information on patients with hematologic abnormalities, including patients with acute leukemia and other blood cancers. Duties may include but are not limited to: interviews/discussion with clinicians and scientists in order to develop and refine database architecture; examination, synthesis, and evaluation of medical records; the abstraction and recording of pertinent medical information; and the monitoring of patient status. The Research Data Specialist will be responsible for the collection, management, and quality assurance review of patient clinical and research data. The Research Data Specialist may work as a content expert by helping clinical and translational researchers develop data requests, and enhance database functionality.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluating and tracking the eligibility of cases for inclusion in the Leukemia Clinical Data Repository for patient cohorts with blood cancers.
2. Maintaining on-going communications with study team for data collection needs.
3. Reviewing and abstracting the medical records for patients. Entering the clinical and research data into the designated database.
4. Accessing patient demographic, clinical, and research information from the clinical systems including but not limited to the electronic medical record.
5. Reviewing data for quality and completeness using reporting software.
6. Collaborating with principal investigators, researchers, and clinicians in the continued development of the research projects.
7. Assist principal investigators and staff in the creation of data reports for quality assurance measures.
8. May be responsible for IRB and regulatory submissions and maintenance of regulatory files.
9. Guide clinician questions with expert knowledge of how data collected may be leveraged to evaluate hypotheses or formulate research plans.