Computer Programmer - Remote (U.S.)
Regional Economic Models, Inc. is a growing economic software development company looking for a Computer Programmer to work on the product launch of a highly complex model updated to a dynamic, intuitive, and smart design. It is the next generation platform to bridge rigorous economic research and public policy. The new version is based on the power of visualization to communicate both concrete and abstract ideas.
Create new products, as well as enhance, maintain, and support existing REMI products (PI+, TranSight, Tax-PI, Metro-PI, BSIM, eREMI, E3+) from concept to launch as part of a cross-functional project team. Design, implement, and test solutions that result in compelling, easy-to-use Windows-based desktop applications.
· Investigate software defects as assigned and provide timely resolutions.
· Contribute to core software releases.
· Ensure coworkers in your project/product team are fully supported and have the required tools to support the delivery of the product.
· Develop software solutions by studying information needs; confer with users; study systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigate problem areas; follow the software development life cycle.
· Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
· Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them.
· Participate with the development team to define plans for standardizing, scaling, and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy/install/release those products.
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
· Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
· Maintenance, yearly update, modularization, and certain further development of the company's existing products.
· New product development, including interface design, navigation, model calculations, data flow, and storage.
· Technical support, including customers and business development staff.
· Development, maintenance, and modifications of existing support programs and tools.
· Model building, tracking, and shipping.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
· Experience with visual object oriented programming environments preferred (especially Delphi).
· Experience developing Windows-based desktop applications
· Ability to work independently, as well as part of a small team of developers.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Capacity to work remotely from home.
· Previous Waterfall Development Experience
· Math background and information technology skills
· Experience with Installshield
· Experience with Concurrent Versions System (CVS) management
REMI offers a full benefit package including: health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, profit sharing, and a 401k plan.
REMI is an EOE.
Please forward cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to: Mitcheline.Mekal@remi.com