Business Development Representative Intern - Remote (U.S.)
REMI (Regional Economic Models, Inc.) is seeking an Intern for Business Development Representative to join its business development and client-facing team. The successful candidate will work with our team to extend our client network and develop new business opportunities.
*This position will be full-time and remote through the rest of 2020. Ideal for applicants who are considering a co-op for the fall semester or are taking a gap semester/year away from school.
Ideal candidates for this position will be motivated to:
· Place phone calls to potential clients from call list
· Perform script (with necessary adjustments) to ensure consistency of sales program
· Answer potential clients' questions about upcoming projects and goals
· Generate between 2 or more leads per day
· Set appointments with prospective customers based on our associates' schedules
· Maintain computer, telephone, and other equipment
· Train other telemarketers when required
· Communicate any problems, concerns, or questions to supervisory staff
· Communicate respectfully and politely with potential customers at all times
Candidate requirements include:
· A commitment to providing objective and comprehensive analysis that improves the quality of public policy
· Major in Economics, Public Policy or related subject, with strong academic performance
· Extracurricular activities that demonstrate teamwork, initiative, and/or leadership
· Enthusiasm for taking on a role that is intense and challenging
· Capacity to work remotely from home
Founded in 1980, REMI is the nation’s leading provider of regional forecasting and policy analysis software. REMI’s suite of models are utilized by universities, consulting firms, associations, and numerous state governments to answer “what if?” policy questions about the effects of legislative changes on the economy. We actively engage in the analysis of major policy areas, including transportation, economic development, taxation, and more.
We evaluate specific issues associated with trade and tariffs, immigration, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. REMI’s clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB); consulting firms such as National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (NERA), Charles River Associates, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan Research Seminar in Quantitative Economics (RSQE). We also collaborate with a variety of government agencies, including the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Georgia Department of Transportation, and others.
REMI is based in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Working for REMI
Employees of REMI receive a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and a 401K retirement plan.