Innovation Intern (Please Note Your Interest Area)
INNOVATION INTERN (Please Note Your Interest Area)
We recently reached Goaloop's beta launch and are gearing up for an exciting year ahead! We are seeking up to ten (10) Innovation Interns specializing/majoring in particular areas (listed below) to become important members of our growing team. The Innovation Interns will collaborate with leaders of the company to launch goals to help solve some of our most vexing socio-economic challenges (please see two examples below), while gaining valuable experience and developing professional skills. You will be encouraged to participate in brainstorming sessions, to contribute your ideas, and there will also be opportunities to lead projects.
Goaloop is a patent pending tech platform that helps you reach our goals, and connects the world through goals. Connecting goals across sectors, Goaloop is an interdisciplinary platform, and our openings are also therefore interdisciplinary in nature.
Examples of the interdisciplinary goals planned:
1) Convince news anchors to report on the state of the climate as they do the stock market, daily, showing key metrics. (This goal includes outreach to climate scientists and others.) Underway at https://goaloop.com/takeaction/climate
2) Create a network of #SafeStops across the country so that if anyone is being pulled over by police and they don't feel safe, they can instead drive to the closest of the SafeStops, which we plan to show on maps (e.g., Google maps).
We are seeking Innovation Interns specializing in the following areas:
Innovation Intern Specializing in Climate Science
Innovation Intern Specializing in Social Causes
Innovation Intern Specializing in Public Health
Innovation Intern Specializing in Public Service/Public Policy/Political Science
Innovation Intern Specializing in Health Science/Physical Fitness
Innovation Intern Specializing in Psychology/Social Work
Innovation Intern Specializing in Communications/Media
Innovation Intern Specializing in Public Art/Art History
Innovation Intern Specializing in History
Innovation Intern Specializing in Pre-Law
Thank you for your interest in Goaloop!
Got a goal? Goaloop it! State your goal on Goaloop, and people and resources appear to help you achieve it. Goaloop helps you reach your goals, and connects the world through goals. A goal to learn the guitar matches the goal to teach guitar (and sell guitars, and make guitars). Connecting goals, we can achieve anything together!
Most social networks connect the world based on 'who', Goaloop connects the world based on 'what' -- what your goals are. Our model expands social circles, increases commercial opportunities, and skyrockets collaboration and innovation.
We are a small, growing team, located close to Columbia University's main campus in New York City. We welcome great candidates near and far; working remotely is an option -- we come together for team meetings, in person and online, depending on your location.
Milestones to date:
- Developed sophisticated technology and launched beta of global platform, live at goaloop.com
- Goaloop is patent pending
- Raised $1.3 Million to date
- Exceptional team and Advisory Board
- We are in the Astia Angels portfolio
- Our launch partners include the YWCA of NYC, and Ellevate (formerly 85 Broads)
- Our IP Portfolio includes several registered trademarks, including:
- Connecting the world through goals
- The Goal Market
- The Goal Engine
- The Goal Network
- Get found and find others based on goals
- Where goals and money meet
- We're banking on your goals
- Reach and market your full potential
- The Goal Index - Got a goal?
- Swing - Logos (3 design marks)
- We have a Co-Existence Agreement with Google
- We are launching with two revenue streams
Fall and Spring semester internships are usually on a part-time basis while Summer and Winter internships are usually full-time, however, we are committed to involving students and graduates who are a great match and we remain open to flex schedules. Join us and become an important member of our innovative and determined team!
Desired Skills & Experience
We are partial to candidates who meet the following description:
- You are eager to apply the knowledge you are gaining in your academic settings in a professional context
- You are passionate about Goaloop and connecting the world through goals
- You have read or are interested in reading: "TRACTION: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth," published in October 2015 by successful startup founders
- You are an original, analytical and creative thinker
- You are able to execute on ideas -- not only come up with them
- You are familiar with various marketing tools and platforms, including cutting-edge resources and methods
- You love the challenge and opportunities of marketing
- You are a social media user or expert, and are familiar or interested in learning apps/sites such as Buffer
- You are daring but can also follow directions
- You enjoy forging and cultivating partnerships
- You have experience/interest in webinars and real-world meet-ups
- You are interested in or already familiar with various analytic platforms
- You seek excellence in everything you do, and if you fall short of your expectations, you get back up and strive to do your best again
- You thrive on working both independently as well as with a team
- You are excited about the opportunity to help launch the world's Goal Market® and to connect the world through goals.